Amazing Buddha Statues/Temples In Russia!!

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
yawares

Amazing Buddha Statues/Temples In Russia!!

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,
Come fly with me to Moscow, Russia with love!
:heart:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... +in+russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... +in+russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still remember my first SAS flight approaching Moscow, we all would look at St Petersburg and The Kremlin down below, we had to annouce on the loud speaker that passengers were not allowed to take pictures, just only looked
at the beautiful Moscow Landmarks "The Kremlin" and "St Petersburg" etc. When we landed at Sheremetyevo
International Airport. A handsome Russian man in uniform :thumbsup: came in to check passports for passengers who would like to
go to the transit lounge. SAS stopped there 40 mins for new food catering/cabin cleaned/fuel etc.

Then the SAS station manager "Maunuum" came in with 3 yellow watermelons, said.. for all of us. It was the first time I saw and tasted yellow watermelon, not so sweet but quite good. Maunuum was a cheerful guy tall/blond/ handsome. :thumbsup: A lady passenger asked me to take her picture with Maunuum and the Russian guy in uniform...they smiled nicely for the 2 pictures.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... &va=moscow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moscow the capital of Russia those days was quite strict at the airport. We couldn't go beyond the transit lounge unless we had engine trouble, indefinite delay for long long time..but never happened with my flights for almost 8 yrs.
So I never got a chance to tour Moscow. :tongue:

After 40 mins..time to fly again to Copenhagen and we got to eat Russian foods/desserts/fruits...yummy yummo!!

I love Russian Chicken a la Kiev and beautifully decorated Kremlin icecream-cake..WOW!! :heart:
yawares [/b]
Last edited by yawares on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
plwk

Re: Amazing Buddha Statues/Temples In Russia!!

Post by plwk »

Yawares, are you aware that the Yahoo search is a general search and does not accurately reflect any temple/statue in Russia?
Most of the images of statues and temples are from other countries and not Russia...
yawares

Post by yawares »

plwk wrote:Yawares, are you aware that the Yahoo search is a general search and does not accurately reflect any temple/statue in Russia?
Most of the images of statues and temples are from other countries and not Russia...
[/color]
Dear "plwk",
Yes, I checked..most exotic pictures on the top 2-3 rows are in Russia..beautiful/exotic indeed :anjali: :heart:
Thanks for reading my story,
yawares :namaste:
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

It's nice to see some one who loves Russia, my native country. :P
There is some russians from St Petersbourg, they will be happy to see that topic, and also meet you if you come :smile:

:anjali:
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
yawares

Post by yawares »

DAWN wrote:It's nice to see some one who loves Russia, my native country. :P
There is some russians from St Petersbourg, they will be happy to see that topic, and also meet you if you come :smile:

:anjali:
Dear DAWN,

Just one look at the Kremlin/St Petersburg/exquisite Buddha's temples/statues.....I'm in love!
yawares :heart:
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Dorje Chang Buddha Statue (Altar)

Tidathep
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

temple of the Ivolginsky Datsan (buddhist monastery), Buryatia, Russia

Tidathep
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

I heared that Dalai Lama said once, that the future of Tibetain Buddhism is in Mongolia and buddhist parts of Russia. I dont know if its true.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
Zom

Post by Zom »

Dhamma center in Saint-Petersburg now is located in this tower, on the very top of St. Catherine's Lutheran Church :D
You are welcome -)