your home altar/shrine

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
jcsuperstar

your home altar/shrine

Post by jcsuperstar »

post pics!!!
here's mine as of today sorry theres a bit of a mess going on
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Ben

Re: your home altar/shrine

Post by Ben »

That's beautiful, JC!
Thank you for sharing!
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

nice,
nothing so ellaborate for me! I have some shelves I have my Suttas and some comentaries on, and some pictres of me with or monks on their own.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Wow thats really nice, mine is just a buddha statue on a table with some candles and incense burners

Where did you get that banner with the wheel on?

p.s. like the two pics of the ajahns :lol:
“The teacher willed that this world appear to me
as impermanent, unstable, insubstantial.
Mind, let me leap into the victor’s teaching,
carry me over the great flood, so hard to pass.”
Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

JC, how beautiful! Thanks for sharing that! :)
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

you guys gotta post yours too!!!

the dhammawheel flags is from thailand, most of the altar is from thailand cept for the fake insence is korean, the bodhidharma is japanese and the lotus lights are chinese oh and the kata wrapped around the "main" buddha is tibetan, it was wrapped around my wife by the priest when she married us and i think she said given to her by the dalai lama

this altar didnt happen over night , its took years of finding pieces, the main buddha was a bday gift, etc. and theres still i think about 4 more things it needs...
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

just to add the main image is the buddha for those born on mondays (me) and the one below him sitting with 2 animals is the one for those born wens night(wife)

now i wanna see your guys' stuffs
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

jcsuperstar wrote: now i wanna see your guys' stuffs
Hi jc,

Beautiful shrine! I won't re-post my pictures, because they already have been (earlier) here:

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ngawang Drolma.

jcsuperstar wrote:you guys gotta post yours too!!!

the dhammawheel flags is from thailand, most of the altar is from thailand cept for the fake insence is korean, the bodhidharma is japanese and the lotus lights are chinese oh and the kata wrapped around the "main" buddha is tibetan, it was wrapped around my wife by the priest when she married us and i think she said given to her by the dalai lama

this altar didnt happen over night , its took years of finding pieces, the main buddha was a bday gift, etc. and theres still i think about 4 more things it needs...
I like those lotus lights a lot! I'm going to get some. I was going to mention that earlier.
I'd post my shrine again but now it's loaded up with Tibetan Buddhism stuff, and it may not be of much interest. :)

:anjali:
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

jcsuperstar wrote:just to add the main image is the buddha for those born on mondays (me)
And me... :group:

Mike
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

and the king of thailand too!! we're in good company i guess!

also tibetan or not i want to see!!
Ngawang Drolma.

jcsuperstar wrote:also tibetan or not i want to see!!
Okay, I'll get some pics tomorrow :)

Best wishes,
Laura
Tex

Post by Tex »

Wonderful shrine!

I'll post mine whenever I get my digital camera fixed, but a brief description: a small rectangular bookcase, about the size of an end table, w/ two shelves inside. One shelf houses the Dhamma texts and the other is for binders of printouts and various candles and incense sticks. The top of the shrine has two incense burners, a very small glass vase for flower offerings, and a fired bronze Buddha statue from Thailand raised up on a wooden block above the rest. It's very basic and utilitarian.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

my little buddhacorner...
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
Avery

Post by Avery »

This is an ornamental Buddha my (Jewish) grandmother owned, I find it is a good object of meditation though. Keep it in a good place for meditating :smile:
Attachments
0803091223.jpg
0803091223.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 32340 times