S. N. Goenka (1924-2013) and his legacy

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Re: S. N. Goenka (1924-2013) and his legacy

Postby rolling_boulder » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:41 pm

By all accounts a great teacher of the true Dhamma.

I was considering attending a meditation retreat with him this year. I put it off telling myself "surely next year I will have more time."

This is a powerful lesson in ardency for me.
With loving kindness to all beings.
rolling_boulder

Re: S. N. Goenka (1924-2013) and his legacy

Postby izzy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:01 am

David N. Snyder wrote:
:candle: :candle: :candle:

The purpose of this thread is to have a venue for posting about the great legacy this Dhamma master left us with and his great achievements with the Dhamma and spreading of the Dhamma. Feel free to post photos, stories, information about his success with propagating Dhamma, prison outreach, etc. Since this is in the Shrine sub-forum, all posts must be completely Respectful toward this great teacher and legend of the Dhamma. Any questions or critiques of his Vipassana techniques must be in other threads in other sub-forums, not here. Thanks for your cooperation.

This is the first time I've heard of him. Wow. Thank you very much for this. I've been watching some videos of him on youtube and I have no words. Very, very inspiring.

edit. removed picture from quote to avoid repetition
izzy

Previous

Return to Shrine Room