Home Altar...Beginner

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Re: Home Altar...Beginner

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:28 am

Fantastic work Fede!

Well done with posting the images and excellent shrines!

Hi BN
If its any consolation - I don't generally use incense either!
metta

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Mawkish1983 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:34 am

I'm not allowed incense either, it causes my wife to choke. It's not a big deal though, I've got plenty to work on without the need for incense!
Mawkish1983

Postby Fede » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:33 pm

I use incense and I favour Nag Champa and Nitraj, mainly. My partner loves them, and finds them soothing - comforting even.
However, I also have granular incense which is burned on a charcoal disc, and that can be pretty pungent, I must admit. I love it, but he finds it a bit overpowering, so I'll use that if he's not around....
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/
Fede

Postby Butrfly_Nirvana » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm hoping that on occasion I get to use incense, but mostly because I just like it! Probably on those days that he is going to be out of the house for a long period of time...that way I have time to air out the house before he comes home! :spy:
Butrfly_Nirvana

Previous

Return to Shrine Room