Wonders of Bagan

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Nicholas Weeks

Wonders of Bagan

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Look at the slide show also:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1232665 ... %3Darticle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
bodom

Re: Wonders of Bagan

Post by bodom »

Wow those pics are amazing! I would love to go visit.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
cooran

Re: Wonders of Bagan

Post by cooran »

Hello Will,

Thank you for posting this ~ even though it took me 10 months to discover it!!

Just goes to show that reading through the old threads is worthwhile.

Having been to most of the Theravada countries, I count Bagan, following behind the Holy Places in India, as the site which left the deepest impression on me.
Absolutely stunning - much more so than even these photos can show.

Thank you.

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---