Sutta Central

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and texts.

Sutta Central

Postby plwk » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 am

Straight from Ajahn Sujato...
I have some wonderful news today: our new SuttaCentral is finally live!

You can see it here at: http://suttacentral.net/

We have been working very hard on this for some time now, and are very happy with the results so far. I will be writing on various aspects of this project in the coming weeks, so for now let me just introduce a few of our main features.
More here

:twothumbsup:
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Re: Sutta Central

Postby Ben » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Great news!
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Lazy_eye » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Wow.

I'm no scholar, but awhile back I was trying to research some questions that involved comparing Pali and Chinese texts. It proved incredibly daunting, as the texts were scattered in different locations.

A resource like this makes it a snap. I see that many translations are still unavailable and, in the case of the Tibetan versions, some of the original texts are not available either. But the framework is there and doubtless these gaps will be filled in over time.

Kudos to all involved!
Lazy_eye

Postby Thanavuddho » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 am

Greetings,

I am wondering if this site could become like accesstoinsight.org? It seems they are making use of content in other pages as well.

Metta,
Thanvuddho
“Tasmātihānanda, attadīpā viharatha attasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā, dhammadīpā dhammasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā.”(DN16)
Forum: http://www.avoinsangha.fi
Thanavuddho

Return to Early Buddhism