Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and texts.
Hello Dhamma friends. Some scholars suggest the Buddha's clan may have been Scythian. Is there any truth to it?
- Posts: 208
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:02 am
Three answers - accept any or all of them as you like
because I think they are all correct.
(1) It doesn't matter. What matters is what he taught.
(2) Probably not, going by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians
- but 'Scythian' is so poorly defined anyway that the answer is not going to be very meaningful.
(3) If you said which scholars and where, we might be able to give you a more reasoned response to their claims.
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am
- Location: North Queensland, Australia
Return to Early Buddhism
Who is online
Registered users: acinteyyo, Bing [Bot], biswa, BubbaBuddhist, Coyote, dxm_dxm, Feathers, Google [Bot], Khalil Bodhi, male_robin, marc108, Mawkish1983, mettafuture, mikenz66, Modus.Ponens, piotr, purple planet, Rasko, Sekha, serg_o, Zenainder