Ordination Pictures

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.

Ordination Pictures

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 pm

I just added some high resolution pictures to my Photo Gallery. They use WebP (Weppy) format to save bandwidth. If your browser doesn't support them, IrfanView 4.32 does. That's what I used to save them.

Can you identify some of the monks for me? I knew the Lao monk standing between Ajahn Chah and Ajahn Santacitto quite well as he practised in Mahāsī Yeikthā for some time when I was there, but it was too long ago now and his name escapes me.

I don't know the bhikkhu to Ajahn Sucitto's left and to my right.
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Ordination Pictures

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 pm

A great photo, Bhante.
Thank you for sharing.
I am sorry I cannot help you with names.
kind regards,

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Re: Ordination Pictures

Postby Mr Man » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I think the Bhikku to Ajahn Sucitto's left was Called "Ven Aranyapho". He would have disrobed many moons ago.
Mr Man

Return to Ordination and Monastic Life