No more ordination for foreigners in southern Thailand?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Italy230

Re: No more ordination for foreigners in Thailand

Post by Italy230 »

I think it would be a good idea to change the subject title to something else to avoid confusion and so that people know this was isolated to only certain area and was temporary as in the rest of the country ordinations are taking place as normal
Zom

Post by Zom »

Could you get more details? This is sad news.
Nothing atm. I think it is better for someone on this forum to ask Nanachat monks (if somebody got contacts).
so that people know this was isolated to only certain area and was temporary as in the rest of the country ordinations are taking place as normal
This is not yet confirmed. And maybe ordinations are banned in all areas.
Italy230

Post by Italy230 »

Zom wrote:
so that people

know this was isolated to only certain area and was temporary as in the rest of the country ordinations are taking place as normal
Although i am not a government official of Thailand I can confirm it as am currently residing in monestaries in Thailand at which ordinations are taking place and are due to take place. I have hear nothing of this ban elsewhere other than reading it in this topic
samseva

Post by samseva »

Italy230 wrote:
Zom wrote:
so that people

know this was isolated to only certain area and was temporary as in the rest of the country ordinations are taking place as normal
Although i am not a government official of Thailand I can confirm it as am currently residing in monestaries in Thailand at which ordinations are taking place and are due to take place. I have hear nothing of this ban elsewhere other than reading it in this topic
Are both Thais and foreigners being ordained?
Italy230

Post by Italy230 »

samseva wrote:
Yes, I am referring to the ordination of foreigners in my post.

I think it is important that false information is not spread such as this as it can cause alarm. It would be better if the thread topic was changed accordingly.
samseva

Post by samseva »

Italy230 wrote:
samseva wrote:

I think it is important that false information is not spread such as this as it can cause alarm. It would be better if the thread topic was changed accordingly.
In what part of of Thailand are you at?
Italy230

Post by Italy230 »

samseva wrote:
Italy230 wrote:
samseva wrote:

In what part of of Thailand are you at?
Central. But in recent weeks have travelled across the north and north east. My friend also informed me a few days ago that at Wat Pah Nanachat, the most well known multinational monestary, they holding their twice yearly ordinations imminently and that the pakow/anagarikas are preparing for it and that it will be held in the next few days/week
samseva

Re: No more ordination for foreigners in southern Thailand?

Post by samseva »

Here is a private message I received from Dhammanando:
Where I'm living, in the north, nobody I've met has heard anything about it — not even at a meeting 2 days ago of three dozen abbots of monasteries in Phrao District. If there is any truth to the story it must be merely local.
Zom

Re: No more ordination for foreigners in southern Thailand?

Post by Zom »

Today I've got a message from still another monk from there, he said it was a misinformation. Since that is the case, I suggest the whole topic should be deleted. 8-)