YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Taking care of parents. - Dhamma Wheel

Taking care of parents.

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
sonictravels

Taking care of parents.

Postby sonictravels » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello, I am wondering whether a Bhikkhu would be allowed to take care of his elderly parents when the time comes that they need it? It seems it would be difficult for a monk without the Sangha and of course the lay support.

Thank You,
B

mikenz66

Re: Taking care of parents.

Postby mikenz66 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Some of the Bhikkhus I know have gone back to Asia to do exactly that.

Mike

5heaps

Re: Taking care of parents.

Postby 5heaps » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm

as long as a person gets permission from their ordination master(s) then yes a person can leave the monastery for this sort of reason
A Japanese man has been arrested on suspicion of writing a computer virus that destroys and replaces files on a victim PC with manga images of squid, octopuses and sea urchins. Masato Nakatsuji, 27, of Izumisano, Osaka Prefecture, was quoted as telling police: "I wanted to see how much my computer programming skills had improved since the last time I was arrested."

Return to “Ordination and Monastic Life”