Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:10 am
- Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Just wondered: is there an upper age limit for ordination?
- Posts: 1603
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am
- Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
- Location: Bridge on the River Kwae
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:50 pm
- Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6
- Location: United Kingdom
No, but he/she has to be strong and healthy enought that can take care for him/herself.
Usually the western monasteries woulod have a limit (perhaps 50-60, depending on character).
Bhikkhu Hiriko - ÑāṇasuciThe experts do not say that one is a sage in this world because of view, or learning, or knowledge, Nanda.
I call them sages who wander without association, without affliction, without desire.
The Buddha, Sn.V.8.2 (1078)http://pathpress.org
Return to “Ordination and Monastic Life”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests