Important Question : temporary uposatha hall

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Dhammakamo
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Important Question : temporary uposatha hall

Postby Dhammakamo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 am

Hi friends

I was tasked upon by my teacher to recite a formula during our Kathina Ceremony to transform our vihara into an Uposatha Hall for a day. I would be glad if anyone can provide me with the original Pali text with english translations as the romanized text I have with me is what I translated directly from Thai itself.

It goes (note that it may not be the actual spelling):
Sunatu me bhante sangho, yati sanghassa pattakallam. Sangho imam viharam uposatha garam samman neyya esa yathi.

Sunatu me bhante sangho, sangho imam viharam uposatha garam samman nati, yassa yassa mato kamati. Imas sa viharassa uposatha kharassa sammati. Sodun hassa, yassa nagga kamati, so bhaseya.

Samma to sanghena, ayam viharo uposatha garo kammati sanghassa; tassa matunhi, evamme dang dharayami.

Great help is appreciated.
With metta
Dhammakamo Bhikkhu
"When an evil-man, seeing you practise goodness, comes and maticiously insults you, you should patiently endure it and not feel angry with him, for the evil-man is insulting himself by trying to insult you" - The Buddha

Return to “Ordination and Monastic Life”