How To Be Emotionally Fit

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

It is interesting to hear a psychologist actually say what emotional health is.

In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
Fede

Re: How To Be Emotionally Fit

Post by Fede »

This from a woman who is obviously not comfortable with the advancing of years, as she's had a face-lift....

I personally see vanity (ie, plastic surgery for the sake of it, as opposed to legitimate medical reasoning) as a sign of emotional un-fitness...

Of course, I don't know whether there is a good sound medical reason for her face-lift - but somehow, I doubt there is one.....

And trust me - I'm not being bitchy.
I once considered cosmetic surgery myself - but decided against it.
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
daverupa

Re: How To Be Emotionally Fit

Post by daverupa »

Jhana4 wrote:... hear a psychologist actually say what emotional health is.
From the site:
Integrates current psychological methods and scientific processes with behavioral standards declared by scripture.
:jedi:

I'm terribly biased...

:meditate:

I guess it's filling a niche down there in Texas; best of luck to them and those who appreciate their approach.

(...but her bio is riddled with media creds... gah)
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]