Exorcising Evil Spirits

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Exorcising Evil Spirits

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you’re having a lot of difficulties in your family life, it will help to perform an Exorcism Ceremony to drive out all of the Evil Spirits.

If you want, you can invite a Buddhist monk or several monks to perform this ceremony for you, but its not difficult to do it yourself as long as you are courageous, and sincerely committed to doing it thoroughly. Don’t miss out any step.

First of all, take refuge in the Buddha, Dhamma, and Saṅgha using the following Pāḷi formula:
  • Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi. (I go for refuge to the Buddha)
  • Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi. (I go for refuge to the Dhamma)
  • Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi. (I go for refuge to the Saṅgha)
  • Dutiyampi Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi. (For the second time …
  • Dutiyampi Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
    Dutiyampi Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
  • Tatiyampi Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi. (For the third time …
  • Tatiyampi Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
    Tatiyampi Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
Then, undertake to observe the five precepts, which are generally observed by all Buddhists. You don’t have to be a committed Buddhist to take the three refuges and precepts, the benefits of observing these universal virtues are available to anyone, whatever their beliefs. You can do it all only in English if you’re not familiar with Pāḷi, but the Evil Spirits may pay more attention if it is done in Pāḷi, which was the language used by the Buddha.
  1. Pāṇātipātā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. ( I undertake the precept to refrain from killing living beings.)
  2. Adinnādānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. (I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.)
  3. Kāmesu micchācārā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. (I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.)
  4. Musāvādā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. (I undertake the precept to refrain from false speech.)
  5. Surāmeraya-majja-pamādaṭṭhānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. (I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicants.)
Now, go into every room of your house, including the loft and the basement, opening every cupboard, and read out the list of names of the Evil Spirits on the attached leaflet. You may know some more names that I don’t, so add those to the list, but I have added all the names that I know.

Whenever you find any Evil Spirits, you don’t need to be afraid because you already took refuge in the Fully Enlightened Buddha, and every Evil Spirit is terrified of the Buddha, his teaching the Dhamma, and his ordained disciples the Saṅgha. Just order the Evil Spirits into the toilet and leave them there while you collect all of the other Evil Spirits from every room in the house — and don’t forget the garage.

Finally, take a few deep breaths and go into the toilet or bathroom where you have kept all of the Evil Spirits. Now, grab hold of each one in turn by the neck, and open its mouth, using force or a mole wrench if necessary. Don’t worry, they dare not bite someone who took refuge in the Buddha! Now tip them upside down and shove their necks down into the toilet bowl. When you have dealt with every last one, flush the toilet and they will all be removed from your house.

Don’t ever invite them back into your house again, and all of the worst problems that you had before will gradually be resolved. If any Evil Spirits do get back into your house, just repeat the process until they stop coming back.

Here is the list of their names.

P.S. White Spirit is OK. Leave that one in the cupboard if you find it.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Modus.Ponens

Re: Exorcising Evil Spirits

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I have some of those evil spirits in my house, but I'm protected by the respective precept! ;)
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
jadborn

Post by jadborn »

Thank you, Bhante, for the good laugh this morning! :lol:
"O Sariputra! Form does not differ from the void, and the void does not differ from the form. Form is the void, and the void is form."

my blog | my music | my poetry | email me!

Interested primarily in Sōtō Zen, but willing to learn anything from all you great Theravādin chaps!
felipe

Post by felipe »

Thanks for the tips Bhante!

I know a few people who could use the treatment :)
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Zenainder

Post by Zenainder »

I almost missed the humor and was asking myself midway "is he serious?!" lol
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Apparently, Exorcism in Italy is a job that's "Too Scary" for young priests

They should learn my easier method. :toilet:
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sri Lankan Devil dance is a residue of old exorcism.

https://youtu.be/3YqYVEPoelE
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”