More Than an Apple a Day: Preventing Our Most Common Disease

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Roland

More Than an Apple a Day: Preventing Our Most Common Disease

Post by Roland »

From one of the most, if not the most informative website on nutrition I frequent. He is really good at summarizing the essence of various studies into short video clips, usually 2-3 minutes long. This is a once a year, hour long summary presentation. I think it is worth watching.

The website is a great public service. It is important to have a doctor who sorts through all of the studies. I think I remember it was said about 15,000 papers are published each year. The vast majority of which none of us ever see, hear or know about.
DESCRIPTION: Dr. Greger has scoured the world's scholarly literature on clinical nutrition and developed this brand-new live presentation on the latest in cutting-edge research on how a healthy diet can affect some of our most common medical conditions.
"No tree becomes rooted and sturdy unless many a wind assails it. For by its very tossing it tightens its grip and plants its roots more securely; the fragile trees are those that have grown in a sunny valley."

--Seneca the Younger (57 BCE- 65 AD)
Ben

Re: More Than an Apple a Day: Preventing Our Most Common Dis

Post by Ben »

Brilliant.
An hour well spent watching and listening to that talk.
Thank you for sharing!

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
danieLion

Re: More Than an Apple a Day: Preventing Our Most Common Dis

Post by danieLion »

Hi Roland,
This guy sings my song.
Healthcare kills.
Thanks.
dL