tonsil stone stuck in the throat

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

tonsil stone stuck in the throat

Postby purple planet » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 am

Last time i went to do a retreat i got this tonsil stone which i never got before and it got stuck in my throat - after some time after the retreat it got out somehow - now did a retreat again and again got this tonsil stone in my throat

did anyone here ever got a tonsil stone stuck in his throat ? ( maybe its not throat but somewhere else in the mouth cavity)

i wonder why this comes up every retreat - can it be a kamma thing ?

this is really bothering me as for now cause i still have the tonsil stone stuck there i cant see it and it dosnt seem to come of by itself
Please send merit to my dog named Mika who has passed away - thanks in advance
purple planet

Re: tonsil stone stuck in the throat

Postby Sokehi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:04 am

There are some things you can do to prevent Tonsil Stones... like a oral douche.
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr
Sokehi

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:51 am

Well, I have never heard of this condition! Thank you for the education!

I found this, if it helps....
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby culaavuso » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:26 pm

purple planet wrote:i wonder why this comes up every retreat

It may be worth considering differences in diet and hydration. For example, drinking water less often during a retreat than at other times may increase this risk. Differences in the food being consumed on retreat may be a contributing factor.
culaavuso

Return to Wellness, Diet & Fitness