A River of Waste: The Hazardous Truth About Factory Farms

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
m0rl0ck

A River of Waste: The Hazardous Truth About Factory Farms

Post by m0rl0ck »

From the description at hulu.com: "A River of Waste: The Hazardous Truth About Factory Farms" exposes a huge health and environmental scandal in our modern industrial system of meat and poultry production.

If you are eating factory farm raised meat, you need to see this.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/193726/a-rive ... tory-farms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Paññāsikhara

Re: A River of Waste: The Hazardous Truth About Factory Farms

Post by Paññāsikhara »

Unfortunately, the clip can only be accessed in the US, apparently.
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Paññāsikhara wrote:Unfortunately, the clip can only be accessed in the US, apparently.
Yah sorry about that, i did look for a non US source but couldnt find one. If i run into one i will post it here. If you can get it thru a US proxy, its worth the effort if you are interested in the subject matter.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

sorry if it is not the same movie...
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
timmbuktwo

Post by timmbuktwo »

Great video, sheds yet even more light on the fiasco of the meat eating populace. Not only in production, not only in growing bigger-faster, but also in their shite.