Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Are you vegetarian/vegan?

Yes
54%
Not currently, but I'm considering it
22%
No, and I have no intention to go vegetarian/vegan
24%

Total votes: 345

Tex

Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

Post by Tex »

DISCLAIMER: Voting intended for Theravadins only please; discussion is of course welcomed from all traditions.

Abstaining from meat consumption is not required in Theravada, but I'm curious to see how many of our Theravada practitioners choose to abstain from eating animal products anyway.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

Post by DNS »

All posts discussing vegetarianism and meat eating have been move to the great vegetarian debate:

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make your poll choice here, but any comments in the great vegetarian debate thread. Thanks.