How often do you bathe?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

How often do you bathe?

more than twice a day
4%
twice a day
7%
once a day
50%
several times a week
26%
once a week
7%
less than once a week
6%

Total votes: 54

PeterB

Re: How often do you bathe?

Post by PeterB »

Tibetans hardly ever wash. They dont smell because the body develops its own ecosystem of useful bacteria and yeasts etc.
I dont think I will put it to the test however.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

'twould appear to relate to latitude Tilt.
Ben

Post by Ben »

And what's going on with Alaska? They're not even on the scale!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Alaskans just gaze at a picture of Sarah Palin and are immediately cleansed.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Peter,
I actually met a lovely Alaskan couple in Myanmar, both were ATs and stayed on after I left to give the course at Dhamma Joti. I travelled with them around Sagaing and met up with them again in Yangon and shared some unique experiences with them there. They were great fun and inspiring.
And they didn't smell!!
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Ben wrote: And they didn't smell!!
kind regards

Ben
They must have been democrats.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Ben wrote:Hi Peter,
I actually met a lovely Alaskan couple in Myanmar, both were ATs and stayed on after I left to give the course at Dhamma Joti. I travelled with them around Sagaing and met up with them again in Yangon and shared some unique experiences with them there. They were great fun and inspiring.
And they didn't smell!!
kind regards

Ben
Of course not Ben..they would have carried a picture of Sarah... :heart:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

tiltbillings wrote:Image
Interesting. It appears that those in colder climates bathe less which makes some sense.

Also, it appears that the more "liberal" areas such as Oregon, Minnesota, Vermont, bathe the least. It could be for the conservation of resources.

I imagine they would also have similar responses to the How often do you put a shirt for laundry, too.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
David N. Snyder wrote:Also, it appears that the more "liberal" areas such as Oregon, Minnesota, Vermont, bathe the least. It could be for the conservation of resources.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ruralist

Post by Ruralist »

Twice a day if i go to the gym/running/riding etc but once if not. I cant go to work after cardio exercise and not shower as im sweaty and will begin to smell.
i am however concious of how much water i use and make the showers as short as possible, 1-2 minutes i would say
"Let monkeys be monkeys without getting emotionally involved. Peace can be born within you because you know the way monkeys are. Knowing the manner of monkeys, you will let go and be at peace, not getting tied up in monkey business." Ven. Ajahn Chah
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

2 cheap things people can do to save water and money:

1. Get a high efficiency shower head. Most big hardware stores have them. They deliver similar thrust, but with less water. After laundry, showers are most people's largest water use.

2. Buy a large jar of pasta sauce ( 1 quart/1 liter ), use sauce, clean the jar, fill it with water and put in the tank of your commode. Most commodes operate on a volume of water creating pressure. The jar will decrease the amount of volume needed. Every time you flush, you will save 1 jars worth of water.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
Digity

Post by Digity »

A guy I use to work with never showered enough and he smelled nasty. Never knew how to tell the guy he needed to shower more without offending him.