Meditation Apps

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
dhamma_newb
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Meditation Apps

Postby dhamma_newb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:13 am

http://www.rewireapp.com/

http://buddhify.com/

If you know of any other meditation apps please post here. :smile:
The watched mind brings happiness.
Dhp 36

I am larger and better than I thought. I did not know I held so much goodness.
Walt Whitman

dharmagoat
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

Re: Meditation Apps

Postby dharmagoat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 am

From http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rewire/id529696522?mt=8:
How it Works:

ReWire accesses your iTunes library so you can practice with your favorite music and videos -- anything works. You’ll get a customized, compelling experience, from Bach to the Beastie Boys. During a session, the sound (and/or video, depending on mode) will randomly vanish. Tap the screen as quickly as possible to note each “vanishing.” If you miss one (or tap when there wasn’t one), ReWire will give you a visual or vibratory cue, so you stay more focused and present, all session long.

ReWire is a highly efficient training practice for your mind: the more you use it, the stronger your concentration “muscles” become, making you more focused and present, during sessions and in daily life.

ReWire lays down the wisdom, gimmick-free. It’s inspired by the ancient, powerful meditation practice of focusing on “cessation.” (That’s geek speak for whenever sensory events abruptly end.) ReWire IS meditation -- optimized.

During a session, you’ll get instant feedback cues to keep your meditation on track. After your session, you’ll get metrics on time, accuracy, and speed. Plus, you can track your progress over time and share results with friends. (That’s ego-free boasting.) For the first time, you can see objective measurements of your mindfulness.

Think of it as your 3rd Millenium mandala. An interactive tool that makes meditation game-like and turbo-charged. Try it for 20 minutes and see why experienced meditators and newbies alike are calling it “shockingly effective.” Technology + timeless wisdom = win!

Meditation is about watching your thoughts, not your favourite music videos.

Reminds me of this guy.

"The instructor just told us to do a 45 minute meditation, I nailed it in 10!"

dhamma_newb
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Postby dhamma_newb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:53 am

Have you tried it?
The watched mind brings happiness.
Dhp 36

I am larger and better than I thought. I did not know I held so much goodness.
Walt Whitman

dharmagoat
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

Postby dharmagoat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am

No.

Return to “Theravada Meditation”