Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Just a link, but there are images and instructions on the thirty-two parts of the body meditation here
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 am

That's a pretty good site. Although the "head hair" looked pretty good; the rest are good photos for reflecting on the impermanent and less attractive side to the body.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Hanzze » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 am

Great work this page, thanks for sharing!
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 am

David N. Snyder wrote:That's a pretty good site. Although the "head hair" looked pretty good; the rest are good photos for reflecting on the impermanent and less attractive side to the body.

yeah, I quite enjoyed the images! the only one that I could see that isn't a photo is the diaphragm, but I can not recall ever seeing a diaphragm photo before?
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Hanzze » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:47 am

Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby mynameisadahn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Wow. I find the 32 parts meditation to be very interesting. I've only tried something similar once (the four elements meditation that groups aspects of the body by elements), but found it almost nauseating!! I suppose I have a weak stomach and just don't like to think about what is actually, physically there!

Cittosanto - do you commonly do the 32 parts meditation?
mynameisadahn

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 am

mynameisadahn wrote:Wow. I find the 32 parts meditation to be very interesting. I've only tried something similar once (the four elements meditation that groups aspects of the body by elements), but found it almost nauseating!! I suppose I have a weak stomach and just don't like to think about what is actually, physically there!

Cittosanto - do you commonly do the 32 parts meditation?

I used to do it regularly, and am starting to do it more/remember what I used to do

one of its side effects is revulsion as it is a Paṭikkūlamanasikāra (contemplation on impurity).
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Cittasanto

Postby Kamran » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for the www.32parts.com link. Below website is also a good resource.

http://www.arrowriver.ca/dhamma/body.html
When this concentration is thus developed, thus well developed by you, then wherever you go, you will go in comfort. Wherever you stand, you will stand in comfort. Wherever you sit, you will sit in comfort. Wherever you lie down, you will lie down in comfort.
Kamran

Return to Theravada Meditation