MEDITATE.

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Jarmika

MEDITATE.

Postby Jarmika » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 am

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: MEDITATE.

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 am

Greetings Jarmika,

That's good advice. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have been awake from midnight until 3am last night! Too many things on my mind... I'm moving house this weekend.

:shock:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Hanzze

Postby Hanzze » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 am

Thanks for sharing the great message (incl. a picture). Hopefully I get not to much attached to the picture so that it would disturb my evening meditation. So holy. :tongue:
Just that! *smile*

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Nate sante baram sokham _()_

xtracorrupt

Postby xtracorrupt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:15 am

Always try and meditate, always try and keep a wholesome mind
theres is no need for needing

acinteyyo

Postby acinteyyo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.

Return to “General Theravāda Meditation”