Meditation 'nuts-n-bolts' (anapanasati)

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

Re: Meditation 'nuts-n-bolts' (anapanasati)

Postby nathan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Dmytro wrote:Hi Nathan,

I have some reservations about the approach of Ven.Brahmavamso: ... 02&forum=2

Metta, Dmytro
hi Dmytro;

Yes, well I imagine that Dhammabodhi, who isn't sure what the difference between insight and concentration are, has a ways to go before he is facing similar issues to those such as you or I might be struggling with. It seemed to me as though he was looking for some basic introductory practice instructions. This short text seemed like a good guide for that. Perhaps you can suggest something else, equally straightforward, that would be better.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}

Re: Meditation 'nuts-n-bolts' (anapanasati)

Postby Dhammabodhi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:33 am

Thank you everyone, especially Nathan and Dmytro. :anjali: I'll now shut up and follow the "Just do it" rule.

I'm sorry for not being able to reply earlier. The loss of a family member and some other things kept me away. Although it seems lately there has been a lot of discussion and debate about abstract philosophical ideas which I do not really understand anyway, so I guess I haven't missed a lot.

"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka

Return to “Theravada Meditation”