Metta

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
greggorious

Metta

Post by greggorious »

Anyone know where I could download a good guided metta meditation? I find guided metta easier.

Thanks

Hands palm to palm

Greg
"The original heart/mind shines like pure, clear water with the sweetest taste. But if the heart is pure, is our practice over? No, we must not cling even to this purity. We must go beyond all duality, all concepts, all bad, all good, all pure, all impure. We must go beyond self and nonself, beyond birth and death. When we see with the eye of wisdom, we know that the true Buddha is timeless, unborn, unrelated to any body, any history, any image. Buddha is the ground of all being, the realization of the truth of the unmoving mind.” Ajahn Chah
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Metta

Post by Sam Vara »

Hi Greg,

Check out
http://birken.ca/audio_dhamma_talks
for 4.500 Dhamma talks. There are some guided metta meditations in there. I find the index a bit infuriating, but on the other hand I always find lots of stuff that I wasn't looking for but which is useful!

Best wishes.