Meditation Retreat on US East Coast

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
bga

Meditation Retreat on US East Coast

Postby bga » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 am

I am looking for a good meditation center or monastery on the East Coast of the United States where I can go on retreat (formal or informal) for about a week. Though the Bhavana Society is closest to my location, it has been ruled out due to the fact that I am not experienced enough to go on an Intermediate level retreat. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you!

With metta.
sabbe dhammā nālaṃ abhinivesāyā’ti

"All phenomena are unworthy of attachment"
SN 7.58

pilgrim

Re: Meditation Retreat on US East Coast

Postby pilgrim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 am

Goofaholix

Re: Meditation Retreat on US East Coast

Postby Goofaholix » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 am

"Right effort is effort with wisdom. Because where there is wisdom, there is interest. The desire to know something is wisdom at work. Being mindful is not difficult. But it’s difficult to be continuously aware. For that you need right effort. But it does not require a great deal of energy. It’s relaxed perseverance in reminding yourself to be aware. When you are aware, wisdom unfolds naturally, and there is still more interest." - Sayadaw U Tejaniya

Return to “Theravada Meditation”