Kasinas

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
retrofuturist

Re: Kasinas

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
PeterB wrote:It struck me looking at the photo that the carpet doesn't help does it ? :tongue:
Maybe if they're busy and run out of kasina boards, you have to look at the carpet instead. :tongue:

Excellent pictures though... thanks for sharing!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Dazzlebling wrote:Seems likely that some methods used in Color Therapy - eg focusing on and/or visualising colored discs may have originated with the Kasinas.

:namaste:
I think this is the case. I met one of the founders of Colour Therapy, whose name escapes me but it was Thomas something, and he spoke about kasinas.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I have just remembered. it was Theo Gimbel, not Thomas anything...perhaps I need colour therapy. :cry:
Thanavuddho

Post by Thanavuddho »

Luang Poo Bunyarit (01) Beginning of practice

Luang Poo Bunyarit about his practice right after becoming a monk, chosing kasina as his primary meditation object.
“Tasmātihānanda, attadīpā viharatha attasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā, dhammadīpā dhammasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā.”(DN16)
Forum: http://www.avoinsangha.fi