Kasinas

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Paul Davy
Site Admin

Re: Kasinas

Postby Paul Davy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Greetings,

PeterB wrote:It struck me looking at the photo that the carpet doesn't help does it ? :tongue:

Maybe if they're busy and run out of kasina boards, you have to look at the carpet instead. :tongue:

Excellent pictures though... thanks for sharing!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

PeterB

Postby PeterB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 am

Dazzlebling wrote:Seems likely that some methods used in Color Therapy - eg focusing on and/or visualising colored discs may have originated with the Kasinas.

:namaste:

I think this is the case. I met one of the founders of Colour Therapy, whose name escapes me but it was Thomas something, and he spoke about kasinas.

PeterB

Postby PeterB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 am

I have just remembered. it was Theo Gimbel, not Thomas anything...perhaps I need colour therapy. :cry:

Thanavuddho

Postby Thanavuddho » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Luang Poo Bunyarit (01) Beginning of practice

Luang Poo Bunyarit about his practice right after becoming a monk, chosing kasina as his primary meditation object.
“Tasmātihānanda, attadīpā viharatha attasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā, dhammadīpā dhammasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā.”(DN16)
Forum: http://www.avoinsangha.fi

Return to “General meditation-related issues”