Eye of the hurricane

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Freawaru

Eye of the hurricane

Post by Freawaru »

TIme ago I was a child. And then, when emotions would make my mind a storm, when thoughts would jump around like monkeys, when dreams would take my mind to the strangest places like elephants in heat destroying fertile grounds - I was with them. I was the storm, I was the monkey, I was the elephant. But not any more. Now I am the ever calm centre of the storm with blue skies above, I am the large trees of the forest unshaken and amused by the monkey's play, I am the handler riding my tame elephant to battle.

And I do not understand it.

Does anyone understand it? Does anyone experience this, too?

Why do people blame the storm, the monkey and the elephant? Why do they want to still the storm, kill the monkey and bind the elephant forever? As if there was no other way, as if it was the fault of the elements and beings.

I do not understand people. Can anyone explain them to me ?
catmoon

Re: Eye of the hurricane

Post by catmoon »

Freawaru wrote:

It's simple. There are really only three types of beings, those that have an intuitive grasp of mathematics, and those that don't.
Freawaru

Re: Eye of the hurricane

Post by Freawaru »

catmoon wrote:
Freawaru wrote:

It's simple. There are really only three types of beings, those that have an intuitive grasp of mathematics, and those that don't.
Ah, that clears that up. :rofl:

Thanks for lightening up my spirits :hug: