looking for ajhan brahm video

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
jcsuperstar
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

looking for ajhan brahm video

Postby jcsuperstar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 am

with instructions on meditation

any help?

metta
jc
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat

Guy

Re: looking for ajhan brahm video

Postby Guy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 am

Hi JC,

Unfortunately the old BSWA website is down at the moment, not sure if it will be back up any time soon. As far as Ajahn Brahm meditation videos ar concerned I am not aware of any, but the BSWA website had plenty of audio guided meditations. If you want I might be able to e-mail you some audio files...

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm

Cittasanto
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

try their youtube chanel?
I think it is called buddhistsocietyWA
if you see one with a german monk ccan you send me the link pls.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

Moggalana

Postby Moggalana » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 am

Manapa wrote:try their youtube chanel?
I think it is called buddhistsocietyWA
if you see one with a german monk ccan you send me the link pls.

There are only Dhamma Talks and no meditation instructions per se on the youtube channel, I think. Of course, some talks are about meditation and might be helpful. Do you mean Ajahn Cattamalo? He is german and has been living at Ajahn Brahm's monastery for quite some time.

Ajahn Cattamalo video

Ajahn Brahm video (you might want to add "meditation" to the search string)

Venerable Cittapalo (another german monk at Bodhinyana)
Let it come. Let it be. Let it go.

Kenshou

Postby Kenshou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Would you be alright with meditation instructions not in video form, or is video precisely what you're after?

I've gone over much of Brahm's material, and he doesn't really tend to ever give much or any mediation instruction in videos. (probably for the best since he'd probably go off topic anyway, and I say that in an endearing way). And I think most textual information is probably inaccessible since the website is down. However if you haven't seen it, I believe that the first few chapters of his book on meditation are available for free on the internet. It covers the majority of his method.

And you really only -need- the first part, since he favors extremely fixed absorption where intention is pretty much absent after jhana is reached, and since after that point you won't be "doing" anything anyway, you don't -need- to know what to do since it's gonna happen anyway. :tongue:

jcsuperstar

Postby jcsuperstar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 pm

i have quite a few of his books, i was just interested in video, or even audio of him talking about the hows of meditation...

thanks guys!
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm

jcsuperstar wrote:i have quite a few of his books, i was just interested in video, or even audio of him talking about the hows of meditation...

thanks guys!

Maybe even Buddhanet?

if I rememeber rightly there are some of his audio files there
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks Moggalana
it was the donut theif vid!
Edit - it is an excelent vid

puthujjana

Postby puthujjana » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 am

There were some audio files on meditation (even whole 9-day-retreats) on bswa.org but unfortunately the site seems to be down at the moment:
bswa wrote:Due to a technical emergency we've had to take the old BSWA site down without prior notice. We hope you can be patient with us as we continue to roll out our full services.
Last edited by puthujjana on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once you understand anatta, then the burden of life is gone. You’ll be at peace with the world. When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness and we can truly be happy."
- Ajahn Chah

Guy

Postby Guy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am

Hello All,

Manapa wrote:Thanks Moggalana
it was the donut theif vid!
Edit - it is an excelent vid

Ven. Cittapalo is a very good monk. There are lots of good monks at Bodhinyana monastery and as much as I appreciate Ajahn Brahm's Dhamma talks I think it's a real joy listening to some of the other monks there. Also I think Ajahn Brahm deserves a break from all the talks he is expected to give all the time!

There were some audio files on meditation (even whole 9-day-retreats) on bswa.org but unfortuntally the site seems to be down at the moment:

I have these files on my hard drive so if anyone wants me to send them please PM me as I would be happy to do so.

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm

Return to “Theravada Meditation”