breathhing pattern

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

breathhing pattern

Postby effort » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:28 pm

hi,

If you remember i had problem with observing breathing, i'm using anti acid pills and that helps too much to reduce pain but still i can see tension and tightness during observing breath. my question is, is there any breath pattern to follow to become more relax? or even what is the most natural way to breath.

after using anti acids as pain reduces i can observe more freely but tightness around sternum is there and makes me restless and this results in shorter sits.
effort

Re: breathhing pattern

Postby Goofaholix » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:16 pm

If the tension is the main sensation then just observe the tension, and your reaction to the tension. This is an opportunity to learn, this is the reason we observe the breath, not because there is some spiritual value in finding the perfect breath.
"Proper effort is not the effort to make something particular happen. It is the effort to be aware and awake each moment." - Ajahn Chah
"When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness. When we stop clinging, we can begin to be happy." - Ajahn Chah
"Know and watch your heart. It’s pure but emotions come to colour it." — Ajahn Chah
Goofaholix

Re: breathhing pattern

Postby effort » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 pm

looks practical, i'll do, thanks.
effort

Return to Theravada Meditation