Wrong speech on this forum

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
tiltbillings

Re: Wrong speech on this forum

Post by tiltbillings »

m0rl0ck wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:
m0rl0ck wrote: Come to think of it, if you could add mods to the ignore list this forum would be just about perfect.
It is good to see you feel we are doing a good job. We try and it is not always easy, but there is an easy answer to your mods problem: If the name is red or green, ignore it.
Actually i do think you all do a pretty good job considering what you ahve to deal with. No offense intended, just having a little fun :)
Absolutely no offense taken, and your kind words are appreciated.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Spiny O'Norman

Post by Spiny O'Norman »

Sacha G wrote:Well: I admit my text had a double meaning. "A majority" was "a majority of the participants", i.e mainly male.
:bow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Old_Men_(TV_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

:tongue:
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

Spiny O'Norman wrote:
Sacha G wrote:Well: I admit my text had a double meaning. "A majority" was "a majority of the participants", i.e mainly male.
:bow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Old_Men_(TV_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

:tongue:
You are probably right, but had a man written the same thing he would be labeled and guilted as "sexist" ( defacto synonym for "bad person" ).
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
chownah

Post by chownah »

I've got something to say:

Four score and seven years ago our forefathers brought.........wait a minute.....I'm putting the WRONG SPEECH ON THIS FORUM!!!!!

hahahahahhhahahaha
chownah
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

chownah wrote:I've got something to say:

Four score and seven years ago our forefathers brought.........wait a minute.....I'm putting the WRONG SPEECH ON THIS FORUM!!!!!

hahahahahhhahahaha
chownah
That is actually quite funny. Thanks.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
jackson

Post by jackson »

Hi everyone,
I find that what works for me is to reflect whether or not my post is coming from one of the Brahma-Viharas, and if it's not then I either rewrite it or I find it's not worth posting, unless I feel there's an important question to ask. While I am sometimes disappointed with some of the member's disregard for others feelings, I must say that this is a great forum overall, and I appreciate everyone's efforts to make it a friendly, compassionate, environment.
May you all be well, happy, and peaceful! :anjali:
Jackson
"The heart of the path is quite easy. There’s no need to explain anything at length. Let go of love and hate and let things be. That’s all that I do in my own practice." - Ajahn Chah
Fede

Post by Fede »

tiltbillings wrote:
chownah wrote:I've got something to say:

hahahahahhhahahaha
chownah
That is actually quite funny. Thanks.
Huh, typical.

Only a man would say that.

And that.

:stirthepot:

(*tongue firmly embedded in cheek......*)
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sacha G

Post by Sacha G »

@Jhana4
Are you talking of what I wrote? Because i'm a man.
:?
Pali and Theravada texts:
http://dhamma.webnode.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

Sacha G wrote:@Jhana4
Are you talking of what I wrote? Because i'm a man.
:?
Yes. I don't think it makes any difference that you are a man and I don't have any hostility towards you. My post is an observation I have had over the years. Men who generalize about women get accused of sexism Women do not, especially if it is done under the guise of humor. Men who generalize about men somehow get the message that doing isn't sexist (ie bad) and "okay" if it is a negative generalization. I think, at least in the US, on an unconscious level, people believe masculinity is wrong.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.