medical query

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Training of Sila, the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).

medical query

Postby corrine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Could someone please tell me the Buddhist position on organ transplant? Thank you.

corrine :namaste:
corrine

Re: medical query

Postby m0rl0ck » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Is there a buddhist position on this? As long as it relieves suffering and doenst harm anyone ...
There is no comfort without pain; thus
we define salvation through suffering.
-- Cato
m0rl0ck

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 pm

corrine wrote:Could someone please tell me the Buddhist position on organ transplant? Thank you.

corrine :namaste:

Lying on one's back on the operating table.
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am

On a more serious note, I give plasma and I have indicated my wilingness to donate my organs after my death.
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Ethical Conduct