Renouncing INTERNET thread -

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
ES06

Re: Renouncing INTERNET thread -

Post by ES06 »

corrine wrote:Actually, the internet has given me a lot of good things.
corrine
One good thing would be excellent access to the Dhamma and Buddhist forums.
Surely, there is literature and Buddhist groups but groups are hundreds kilometers away and books costs and might be inadequate.

Things have good and bad sides.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I've been away from forums such as Dhammawheel for ages (but not the internet as a whole, I need it for my job). For the last few weeks I've been watching but cannot figure out how to jump back in. It's as though everyone else has advanced in their knowledge of the Dhamma except me, and I've been left behind.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Mawkish1983 wrote:I've been away from forums such as Dhammawheel for ages (but not the internet as a whole, I need it for my job). For the last few weeks I've been watching but cannot figure out how to jump back in. It's as though everyone else has advanced in their knowledge of the Dhamma except me, and I've been left behind.
Do not feel this; imagine all the people who have yet to come across this path - they are still in an illusory state of 'suffering' and 'Pain'.... We may be likewise, but at least we now have a map!

Do not lament what is not, but rejoice in what is.
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Oh, I'm not lamenting. One of the reasons why I stopped using DW is that I upset too many people accidentally; the main reason being that text is all too often misunderstood without the subtleties of language that cannot be portrayed in text alone.