Vipassana Fellowship

Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.

Vipassana Fellowship

Postby syrius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi , this i is my first post so I apologise if i haven't post it on the right board .
I am thinking on to participate on the course offered by the Vipassana fellowship

http://www.vipassana.com/course/intro.php

and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and if they are legit ?

I already meditate on the breath but i would like to go a bit further as well as revisiting the fundamental . i have been struggling recently with motivation even though i am still meditating daily. My maijn problem is what to do practically with the hindrance .

thank you .
syrius

Re: Vipassana Fellowship

Postby Ben » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 am

Hi syrius,
I've known a few people who have done the course. While I can't recommend it personally, the comments I have heard about the course is positive.
What does Andrew Quernmore suggest you do when you encounter the hindrances? That would be my first port of call if you are following this approach and it is what I recommend that you investigate and do.
kind regards,

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief

Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Insight Meditation