Increasing bodily awareness of my head

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
Goofaholix

Re: Increasing bodily awareness of my head

Post by Goofaholix »

Meditation is not going to help you with hairloss and bags under the eyes. Vipassana meditation will help you to accept that everything changes including your body and to accept it and so not suffer over it.

If you are practising Sayadaw U Teganiya style you shouldn't be taking anything specific in the body as your object, rather you should open up to be aware of everything you are really experiencing, but rather than jumping from object to object you should take the process of awareness itself as the primary object.

I wouldn't recommend using the head as a primary object anyway, most of us are far to identified with what goes on in our head with most of the sense doors being located there, as one teacher put it we kind of have a view that our body is just there to stop our neck dragging along the ground. Anapanasati can be problematic for many people as it can cause extra tension in the head for example.
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah