S.N. Goenka

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom

Have you taken an S.N. Goenka 10 day meditation course?

Yes
30%
No
36%
Who is S.N. Goenka?
2%
I've taken several
17%
I've served A 10 day course
9%
I've completed the Satipatthana course
6%

Total votes: 105

Dhamma_Basti

Re: S.N. Goenka

Post by Dhamma_Basti »

Yes thank you for the advice. Actually I did a couple of solitary retreats in my old flat when my flatmate was not there (wich was quite often), so I could do my own sitting every couple of weeks, but never more than 4 or 5 days in a row. Actually I find it very tough to stay focussed when you are still in your own environment with all the facilities and people in easy reach. I do remember that I always unplugged the phone and Internet, turned of the bell and informed my close familiy and friends that I am not yet dead, just not available for a while. ^^
Yeah as you suggested the caravan, I might try camping the next time... With enough food and fuel for the stove it should not be an issue to keep it going for two weeks and even the european forests over enough possible space for that. :)
My blog on buddhism, languages and programming.
Dhamma_Basti

Post by Dhamma_Basti »

I just recently had the opportunity to complete a thirty day retreat. Not a big story, but I wrote a small summary of my experience, for those interested you can read it here: http://sanskrit-db.de/blog/posts-output ... ng-course/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With best wishes,

Dhamma Basti
My blog on buddhism, languages and programming.
Thisperson

Post by Thisperson »

Dhamma_Basti wrote:I just recently had the opportunity to complete a thirty day retreat. Not a big story, but I wrote a small summary of my experience, for those interested you can read it here: http://sanskrit-db.de/blog/posts-output ... ng-course/
With best wishes,

Dhamma Basti
Cool, sounds like it went well for you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
:thumbsup: