planning for a course

Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.

planning for a course

Postby venkatad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:19 am

I have already planned for a course but still have not been granted permission from office. I have been facing IBS kind of problem with crampings once in a while ...the cramping stay for may be 5 seconds esp when I had ful stomach and lots of gas....How can i over come this esp during retreat?? my gut feeling says during retreat we generally tend to eat less, so it would not be a problem.
Please advise me...
TIA
venkatad

Re: planning for a course

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 am

If you haven't seen a medical practitioner about your condition, then I suggest you do so.

If its a ten-day course as taught by SN Goenka, the registration (online or print), you will have the opportunity to let management know of your medical condition in advance. Be kind enough to also inform them of any dietary requirements that mitigate your condition. On the orientation afternoon, you will meet with someone from management and you will have the opportunity to tell them again then.
kind regards

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Re: planning for a course

Postby venkatad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Ben wrote:If you haven't seen a medical practitioner about your condition, then I suggest you do so.

If its a ten-day course as taught by SN Goenka, the registration (online or print), you will have the opportunity to let management know of your medical condition in advance. Be kind enough to also inform them of any dietary requirements that mitigate your condition. On the orientation afternoon, you will meet with someone from management and you will have the opportunity to tell them again then.
kind regards

Ben

Thanks Ben...In fact I have already been to a doctor and he performed CT scan tests etc and said I am absolutely fine probably tensed life is doing it....I will let the management know about the condition
Thanks
venkatad

Return to Insight Meditation