Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ngawang Drolma.

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

thornbush wrote:Oh Dakini-la,

So that's why u were red again huh? :tongue:
Congrats :jumping:
I am red again! Woohoo! :toast:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Dan74 wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:
Or perhaps it should be "Megayana", eh? :jumping:

PS Just trying to :stirthepot: or live up to the reputation! Sorry - time to :toilet: !
In fact, it is Vajrayana where the "mega" is introduced.

Mahayana has nothing to practice outside of the Six Perfections which takes eons to fulfill to the stage of even a Mahayana stream-entrant (eigth-stage bodhisattva). The result is stil mega though, though all Aryan results are mega, of course.

Kevin
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Virgo wrote:
Dan74 wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:
Or perhaps it should be "Megayana", eh? :jumping:

PS Just trying to :stirthepot: or live up to the reputation! Sorry - time to :toilet: !
In fact, it is Vajrayana where the "mega" is introduced.

Mahayana has nothing to practice outside of the Six Perfections which takes eons to fulfill to the stage of even a Mahayana stream-entrant (eigth-stage bodhisattva). The result is stil mega though, though all Aryan results are mega, of course.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

That's different to my understanding. Enlightenment is possible in this lifetime, according to the tradition I practice in. But if I continue to spend lots of time on the web, it may indeed take aeons! :smile:
_/|\_
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Some off-topic discussion has been moved to...

Are many lifetimes of paramitta development needed to be aryan?
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Check out the new format and colors for our sister site Dharma Wheel

http://www.dharmawheel.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It now has a very similar to look to what we have here, with the color scheme over there more maroon and gold (Mahayana colors) and more orange / saffron and yellow here for Theravada.

My son did most of the work. He's much more tech-savvy than me.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

David N. Snyder wrote:Check out the new format and colors for our sister site Dharma Wheel

http://www.dharmawheel.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It now has a very similar to look to what we have here, with the color scheme over there more maroon and gold (Mahayana colors) and more orange / saffron and yellow here for Theravada.

My son did most of the work. He's much more tech-savvy than me.
I haven't the time to browse just now but it looks good - congrats to all involved.
If someone asked what I would change if I could (they haven't, so this is purely gratuitous!), I would ask for an adjustment to the colour gradient in the banner. On my screen, at least, it goes from the nice maroon into a greenish yellow and that green tinge doesn't go with any of the other yellows on the page ...
:juggling:
Just trying to make a good thing even better. Feel free to ignore me.
:namaste:
Kim
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Kim O'Hara wrote: If someone asked what I would change if I could (they haven't, so this is purely gratuitous!), I would ask for an adjustment to the colour gradient in the banner. On my screen, at least, it goes from the nice maroon into a greenish yellow and that green tinge doesn't go with any of the other yellows on the page ...
That gradient does look quite odd on my monitors as well. I'd ditch the gradient if it were my choice. (actually it is, I can block the banners with addblock :)).

Apart from that, I think it's great.

:anjali:
Mike