MEDITATE.

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

MEDITATE.

Postby Jarmika » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 am

Jarmika

Re: MEDITATE.

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 am

Greetings Jarmika,

That's good advice. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have been awake from midnight until 3am last night! Too many things on my mind... I'm moving house this weekend.

:shock:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Hanzze » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 am

Thanks for sharing the great message (incl. a picture). Hopefully I get not to much attached to the picture so that it would disturb my evening meditation. So holy. :tongue:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby xtracorrupt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:15 am

Always try and meditate, always try and keep a wholesome mind
theres is no need for needing
xtracorrupt

Postby acinteyyo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

No, try not! Do or do not! There is non try. - Yoda
Pubbe cāhaṃ bhikkhave, etarahi ca dukkhañceva paññāpemi, dukkhassa ca nirodhaṃ. (M.22)
Both formerly, monks, and now, it is just suffering that I make known and the ending of suffering.
Pathabyā ekarajjena, saggassa gamanena vā sabbalokādhipaccena, sotāpattiphalaṃ varaṃ. (Dhp 178)
Sole dominion over the earth, going to heaven or lordship over all worlds: the fruit of stream-entry excels them.

:anjali:
acinteyyo

Return to Theravada Meditation