Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.
Hi just a quick post to say that I am going on retreat for 10 days,starting this afternoon.
I will post some pictures of our new meditation center when I get back.
Keep up the practice.
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
- Posts: 274
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 am
- Location: Wat SriBoenRuang,Fang,Chiang Mai
May it go well.
What is the use of his knowledge
pertaining to the number of insects in the whole world?
Rather, inquire into his knowledge of
that which is to be practised by us
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.
Níl sa saol seo ach ceo
There is naught in this life but mist
Is ní bheimid beo ach seal beag gearr.
And we will not be alive but a short hard time.
- Posts: 16747
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
- Location: Turtle Island
I hope you have a good retreat!
Four types of letting go:
1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things
- Ajahn Brahm
- Posts: 762
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 4:05 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am
- Location: By the River Thames near London.
Return to Insight Meditation
Who is online
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Kamran, Khalil Bodhi, Lazy_eye, lifefool, Majestic-12 [Bot], marc108, mettafuture, mikenz66, new_student_ejs_135, onaquest, rahul3bds, reflection, robertk, thaijeppe, UpwardBound