book trades....

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
jcsuperstar

book trades....

Postby jcsuperstar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

that other thread about used books got me thinking, maybe some of us have books we'd be interested in trading?

we've have to trust each other to make the trade or everything will just fall apart.

maybe if youre intersted you can make a have to trade and a wants list

and we can see about swappin'

:anjali:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat

retrofuturist

Re: book trades....

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Greetings JC,

Sounds like a good idea, just so long as everyone understands they participate in such trades at their own risk, and that Dhamma Wheel is not responsible for any unsatisfactory consequences that might arise because a trade doesn't pan out as intended. I also think that it's reasonable if people just want to give books away that they can ask the receipient to pay for the postage if they wish to do so.

:soap:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Through corruption of the Dhamma comes corruption of the discipline, and from corruption of the discipline comes corruption of the Dhamma. This is the first future danger as yet unarisen that will arise in the future. You should recognize it and make an effort to prevent it. (AN 5.79)

"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good." - Thomas J. Watson

Never again...

adeh

Re: book trades....

Postby adeh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:18 am

I'm interested.....what's on offer?

Return to “Lounge”