Recommended Dhamma Talks

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Recommended Dhamma Talks

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Take a look at some of the talks by Ajahn Jayasaro on DhammaTube:

They are short, but very useful talks — just straight Dhamma teaching.

You will also find a series of his talks on the Biography of Ajahn Chah. I know Ajahn Jayasaro from my stay at Wat Pah Nanachat, when Ajahn Pasanno was the abbot. Ajahn Jayasaro became the abbot there for a period later.

This is the first of A Series of Talks on Meditation
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Recommended Dhamma Talks

Post by DNS »

Good talk.

It may just be an urban legend, but I have heard that the number of blinks a person does is related to how nervous he is and the fewer blinks, the more likely the person is truthful, sincere, and calm. The average person blinks 10 times per minute.

This ajahn blinked about two times in almost 3 minutes.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't know about that, but his voice is very clear, unhurried, and gentle — a good sign of someone who has a stable mind.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Sadhu! :bow:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi all
I posted a short version yesterday somewhere else but this video is interesting in regard to the body language, although some of it is more new age

Metta
Manapa
TheDhamma wrote:Good talk.

It may just be an urban legend, but I have heard that the number of blinks a person does is related to how nervous he is and the fewer blinks, the more likely the person is truthful, sincere, and calm. The average person blinks 10 times per minute.

This ajahn blinked about two times in almost 3 minutes.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

Here you can find more recent by Ajahn Jayasaro for download:

http://www.thawsischool.com/dhamma_Engl ... ching.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and an article about his vision of Buddhist education:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/life/family/ ... better-way" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We hope to add more teachings by him to Dhammatube soon.

:thumbsup:
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations