Hi, checking in

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
andrewuk

Hi, checking in

Post by andrewuk »

Hi everyone,

Well, a few days ago I logged in to E Sangha first time for months. I happened to see the topic started by Ben that Bhikkhu Dhammanando was unwell.

Ben said Bhante Dhammanando is no longer in E Sangha so I joined this forum. I enjoyed reading Bhante Dhammanando's posts very much and he is indeed a very knowledge scholar.

I just realise that many of the Bhikkhus and some big names are in this forum too -- Bhikkhu Pesala, Bhikkhu Gavesako, Bhikkhu Appicchato, retrofuturist, Ben Tiltbillings, etc.

I hope everyone is well.

With Metta,

Andrew
Meditate, don't be negligent, lest you may later regret it!
Jechbi

Re: Hi, checking in

Post by Jechbi »

Nice to see you. :hello:
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

hi
:anjali:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:hello:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

What he said Image
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
thornbush

Post by thornbush »