Access to Insight Bulk Download

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Bhikkhu Pesala

Access to Insight Bulk Download

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Access to Insight offline version has got a lot bigger with the most recent version, so presumably there are a lot of new translations. You can download the entire web site from the ATI web site as a Zip archive, or directly from my web site's Rlelated Links page as a smaller self-extracting archive:

Related Links

My download is much smaller due to using 7-Zip PPMd compression. If you are on a slow connection the smaller download will save you some time. Save the file to any convenient folder and execute the archive to extract the contents. Load start.html in your browser, and bookmark the page for future reference.

Decompression takes about a minute on my PC.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Individual

Re: Access to Insight Bulk Download

Post by Individual »

Thank you, Venerable Bhikkhu. :)
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

Thanks for bringing the fact it has been updated to my attention Bhante.
piotr

Post by piotr »

Bhante,
The Access to Insight offline version has got a lot bigger with the most recent version, so presumably there are a lot of new translations.
It's bigger probably because now translations are connected to original Pali.
Bhagavaṃmūlakā no, bhante, dhammā...
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated with the latest version released on 23rd December 2010. The links in the first post are the same.

The original ZIP archive is now 25.1 Mbytes, and my Self-extracting archive is now 13.9 Mbytes, so it looks like a good deal of new material has been added.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
IanAnd

Post by IanAnd »

Thank you, Bh. Pesala, for your diligence in maintaining the updating of this download. Since the demise of the other forum, I had missed your updated download announcements of the ATI website.

Note to Administrators: I wonder if there's any chance that this thread could be sticked in this subforum. That way, it wouldn't need to be bumped to the top of the heap.
"The gift of truth exceeds all other gifts" — Dhammapada, v. 354 Craving XXIV
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No need to make it sticky. Bookmark it, and if I miss the update, post to the thread to remind me. I always check new posts when I visit the forum.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated with the latest version released on 31st December 2010. The links in the first post are the same.

The original ZIP archive is now 27.6 Mbytes, and my Self-extracting archive is now 15.7 Mbytes, so it looks like a good deal of new material has been added again.
Kenshou

Post by Kenshou »

Nifty, I didn't even know about this.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Offline versions can be useful if your internet connection goes down, or if a web site goes offline, or if you're on the move.

My own website is available in ZIP or EXE formats from the Home Page. That is not quite up-to-date at the moment. I am still in the process of updating my books.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated with the latest version released on 18th March 2011. The links in the first post are the same.

The original ZIP archive is now 24.4 Mbytes, and my Self-extracting archive is now 13.3 Mbytes.
Digity

Post by Digity »

I love Access To Insight! I'm thinking of writing and Android app for reading ATI. I have the iPhone one and love it.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated with the latest version released on 4th April 2011. The links in the first post are the same.

The original ZIP archive is now 26.7 Mbytes, and my Self-extracting archive is now 14.6 Mbytes.
alfa

Post by alfa »

I am confused as to how to navigate through the website. Most of them are in form of index with author, subject etc. It's so hard to actually read anything.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Much of the site is translations of suttas, so using the index of names or similes is a convenient way to find things, but that assumes some basic knowledge first.

Take a look at Getting Started or the Site Map