Holp! Holp!

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
PeterB

Holp! Holp!

Post by PeterB »

A few weeks ago our home PC crashed and when the magic man had moved his mouse about from several miles away....which seems to me as startling as a stone age man confronted by a bicycle...I can only assume its by supernatural means..
"man make big heap magic...make computer go when NOT IN ROOM whoooooooo..."
Anyhoo he worked through the attachments and adds on and found the problem was in a translation facility i had downloaded.
In removing the offender he removed my spellcheck without witch I am lossed.
I am reduced to shouting to my wife ( for those sensitive to the idea of shouting and who associate it with Beastliness and Beatings and Being Horrid ) I should explain that our pc is in a room some way from the lounge so the conversation goes " Valerie..how do you spell Constantinople..." She....in a tone that combines humour with pitying incredulity " I cant believe that you cant spell Constantinople...c.o.n."......etc .
To save me from further humiliation does anyone know how an idiot can safetly restore spellcheck on microsoft ?.
andre9999

Re: Holp! Holp!

Post by andre9999 »

Try this:

http://www.iespell.com/

Or a dictionary. :)
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Thanks andrer9999. Perhaps an end to wash day mis...I mean online illiteracy misery !
andre9999

Post by andre9999 »

PeterB wrote:Thanks andrer9999. Perhaps an end to wash day mis...I mean online illiteracy misery !
I thought that the Google Toolbar did this too, but I honestly can't remember since my jobs haven't required Windows in the last couple years.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I think it does Andrer9999..but I think my helpful PC doctor who got my PC up and running again removed it to be on the safe side..
andre9999

Post by andre9999 »

PeterB wrote:I think it does Andrer9999..but I think my helpful PC doctor who got my PC up and running again removed it to be on the safe side..
I've noticed that it caused some problems on my wife's computer too. It eventually breaks, then I remove it and tell her that it cause the problem, then she reinstalls it... rinse, repeat.
Nibbida

Post by Nibbida »

All conditioned things are impermanent. Be a tech support unto yourself.

(I couldn't resist.)
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

A recipe for likely disaster Nibbida. I dont cut my own hair either.
Nibbida

Post by Nibbida »

Hah. Quite true. At least hair grows back... Hard drives can crash forever.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

It would be very difficult to exaggerate my computer idiocy... :rolleye:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Peter
I guess you've ruled out reinstalling Windows or going on to the Microsoft site to see if they have a fix?
That would be my plan of action.
All the best!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

P.S. Switch to the Google Chrome Internet browser.

:geek:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Thanks Ben and Paul...