Metta request

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Snowmelt

Re: Metta request

Post by Snowmelt »

Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

Wow, thanks so much for these kind responses! Evidently one little hemorrhage causes a heck of a lot of pain.
Our human bodies are so fragile. I'm back home, thank goodness. Re-check with doc in one-two days.

Thanks all, very much :anjali:
Yeshe

Post by Yeshe »

Drolma wrote:Wow, thanks so much for these kind responses! Evidently one little hemorrhage causes a heck of a lot of pain.
Our human bodies are so fragile. I'm back home, thank goodness. Re-check with doc in one-two days.

Medicine Buddha puja time! ;)

When Buddha said samsara meant that we each suffer a stream of blood and a stream of tears, you weren't supposed to take it quite so literally! :)

I hope you recover well. :)
Snowmelt

Post by Snowmelt »

Drolma wrote:Wow, thanks so much for these kind responses! Evidently one little hemorrhage causes a heck of a lot of pain.

Nice to see you back. Image
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Best wishes for your continued recovery and good health.

:heart:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

Upasaka wrote:
Medicine Buddha puja time! ;)

When Buddha said samsara meant that we each suffer a stream of blood and a stream of tears, you weren't supposed to take it quite so literally! :)

I hope you recover well. :)
Funny you say that! The pain medication I received when I got there made tears stream out of my eyes for about nine hours, until the medication finally wore off. It was some freaky and unusual side-effect, that weepiness :?

Thanks again for all the supportive comments, I really appreciate it. I will most likely need surgery but it should be outpatient.

I did find that my practice helped me to handle the situation far better than I would have in the past. I guess some times it takes an unpleasant situation to really put our work to the test.

_/\_
nathan

Post by nathan »

Reality checkup from the heavenly messengers. Sounds like you did well. Keep your chin up. Continued best wishes.
metta & upekkha
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Drolma dear - I've only just seen this thread - I'm saying MB for you.

With metta and all good wishes,

Dazzle

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Dazzlebling wrote:I've only just seen this thread - I'm saying MB for you.
No need for code - we won't be offended. 8-)

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sorry for late post

Hope things go well Drolma

Metta

:buddha1:
“The teacher willed that this world appear to me
as impermanent, unstable, insubstantial.
Mind, let me leap into the victor’s teaching,
carry me over the great flood, so hard to pass.”
Tex

Post by Tex »

Drolma wrote:
I did find that my practice helped me to handle the situation far better than I would have in the past. I guess some times it takes an unpleasant situation to really put our work to the test.
I know exactly what you mean -- I was in the hospital with blood clots in both lungs a year ago, a potentially fatal thing (though about 2/3 of patients turn out okay). My copy of the Dhammapada really helped me keep it together.

My mother, who had been a real trooper about the whole thing but was overwhelmed after 36 hours of not knowing what the long-term prognosis would be, finally lost it and started crying and asked me, "how the hell are you so calm about this??".

The Dhamma is a wonderfully powerful thing indeed.

Very glad to hear you'll be okay, hope your surgery goes well if it's needed.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
Dazzlebling wrote:I've only just seen this thread - I'm saying MB for you.
No need for code - we won't be offended. 8-)

Metta,

Thanks Retro - I was just trying to be discreet! :D