Osho states that he stoped searching

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
villkorkarma

Osho states that he stoped searching

Post by villkorkarma »

osho said that he stoppeed searching and discover enlightenment, i think he mean that he doesent had so much craving left becourse he was feeling very good, what do you think he meant?
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
Individual

Re: Osho states that he stoped searching

Post by Individual »

This is a Theravada Buddhist forum. Osho is irrelevant.

With that said, if I may say so: I think Osho was very rich and influential when he said that. I don't think he gave up craving; I think he's an arrogant idiot who started to indulge.

It's OK to indulge a little bit, but... to take advantage of people like that? So horrible.

So many people of great spiritual power and charisma do such horrible things. The ability to influence people and the world is a gift that shouldn't be abused for the sake of anger (Hitler), ignorance (Charles Manson), or pleasure (Osho and half a dozen other gurus).

Whatever gain people achieve from Osho's words and teachings, it is not from Osho but their own practice of mindfulness and morality.

Theravada Buddhism teaches this same practice of mindfulness and morality, so who needs Osho?
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Individual

Post by Individual »

Hmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh_movement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These were formerly known as Rajneeshees or "Orange People" because of the orange and later red, maroon and pink clothes they used from 1970 until 1985
Orange, then it became red?

They should wear black. At least the people running the movement at the very top should wear black (they probably do already -- black suits), the people at the bottom should wear white, and you could get darker and darker shades of gray the more time and money you put into the movement.

The Diamond Sutra
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

villkorkarma wrote:osho said that he stoppeed searching and discover enlightenment, i think he mean that he doesent had so much craving left becourse he was feeling very good, what do you think he meant?
That seems to be a somewhat common experience, that once one gives up searching and grasping after realization, it just happens. It occurs commonly enough in zen anyway.

I think the theory is that the mental energy and effort that one is using to chase enlightenment, is the very thing that is keeping something already existent from manifesting.
Here is an old chinese poem which touches on the subject.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Individual

Post by Individual »

Osho's third commandment (of his 10 commandments):

"Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere."

I like that. If it's true -- who needs Osho?!

The Diamond Sutra