Packing and transport more unwholesome than the food?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Hanzze

Re: Packing and transport more unwholesome than the food?

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hanzze
Hanzze wrote:I also know that I have no knowledge about the suttas
... and whilst this remains the case you will continue to be utterly perplexed when people do not buy into your pet theories and animistic folk Dharma. What more can I say that others have not told you already?

If on the other hand you actually wish to remedy this situation with regards to an understanding of kusala and akusala action in the Buddha's teaching, try the following text...

The Roots of Good and Evil - Buddhist Texts translated from the Pali
With Comments and Introduction by Nyanaponika Thera
http://www.bps.lk/olib/wh/wh251-p.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hanzze,
Hanzze wrote:What benefit has an religion or a philosophy if it is not usable in daily life?
:strawman:

The Dhamma is applicable in every moment of daily life. You're not suggesting otherwise are you?
Hanzze wrote:Or is this the part, where we need to decide for science as the Buddha had told?

What are you talking about?
Hanzze wrote:Let me claim for the right effort, there is no need to separate live in two parts.

Who is saying that? Living by the Dhamma requires "no need to separate live in two parts"

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hanzze,

As I said here - http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ....

The efficacy of the Dhamma is measured in terms of internal mental purity, with respect to the objective ideal of nibbana.

The efficacy of environmentalism is measured in external environmental purity, with respect to a subjective ideal of a utopian environment.

Metta,
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Simsapa Sutta: The Simsapa Leaves

At one time the Blessed One was staying at Kosambii in Si.msapaa Grove.[1] Then the Blessed One, taking a few Si.msapaa leaves in his hand, said to the monks: "What do you think, monks? Which are the more numerous, the few leaves I have here in my hand, or those up in the trees of the grove?"

"Lord, the Blessed One is holding only a few leaves: those up in the trees are far more numerous."

"In the same way, monks, there are many more things that I have found out, but not revealed to you.[2] What I have revealed to you is only a little. And why, monks, have I not revealed it?

"Because, monks, it is not related to the goal, it is not fundamental to the holy life, does not conduce to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment or Nibbaana. That is why I have not revealed it. And what, monks, have I revealed?

"What I have revealed is: 'This is Suffering, this is the Arising of Suffering, this is the Cessation of Suffering, and this is the Path that leads to the Cessation of Suffering.' And why, monks, have I revealed it?

"Because this is related to the goal, fundamental to the holy life, conduces to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment and Nibbaana, therefore I have revealed it.

"Therefore, monks, your task is to learn: 'This is Suffering, this is the Arising of Suffering, this is the Cessation of Suffering, this is the Path that leads to the Cessation of Suffering.' That is your task."
The Simsapa Leaves
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just that! *smile*

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:Dear retrofuturist,

neither environmentalism (what ever this word should describe) nor Buddhism can catch the point of the Dhamma what was taught.
How do you know?
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Hanzze wrote:but from my view it is clearly that we do not need to reach for different ways or different techniques to uproot problems.
But don't you see that vis-a-vis the Dhamma, that's precisely what you're doing? To attempt to "uproot problems" by "reach[ing] for different ways", is to position bizarre, worldly theories that "packing and transport [is] more unwholesome than the food" as equally or even more important than the supramundane Dhamma of the Buddha.

The Buddha taught a path to mental purification - you can choose to follow it, or choose not to... the choice is yours Hanzze. To be harmless, to cultivate wholesome mindstates... that is the Dhammic way. To tie oneself in knots about the economics and morality of food production and allowing it to trump the Buddha's teachings - refusing to learn what the Buddha taught about unwholesomeness in favour of one's own personal speculative theories is inappropriate attention vis-a-vis the Dhamma.

You make no effort to learn what the Buddha taught, yet feel compelled to lecture us on why Dhamma rooted in the suttas is inferior to your animistic folk Dharma.

:alien:
Hanzze wrote:neither environmentalism... nor Buddhism can catch the point of the Dhamma what was taught.
I'll take Buddhism over Hanzzism, thanks all the same.

Metta,
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:...
Hanzze-ism. I prefer the Buddha's teachings.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

tiltbillings wrote:
Hanzze wrote:...
Hanzze-ism. I prefer the Buddha's teachings.
ohh... sad, I thought we could build up a Monkey republic :rofl:
Just that! *smile*

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote: The fact that transport, storing and transport of food is more times an issue as the kind of food, should show that it is not only a idea from far far away, even I am far far away.
The real problem with food is market speculation of food futures, which has driven up the cost of food around the world. Egypt is an example of what happens when food markets are deregulated, left to the speculators.