Special budget train for Buddhist sites

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Re: Special budget train for Buddhist sites

Postby Maitri » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

*Sigh* Well, I should post an update to my pilgrimage attempt.
I say "attempt" because I did get to Thailand saw the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, but fell and broke my left leg and torn the ligaments in my right ankle at the temple. I was alone in Bangkok and sent to a local hospital where the doctors put a cast on my leg and sent me away in a taxi to my hotel with a pair of broken, mismatched crutches. My husband arranged my airfare to get home back to the U.S. the next day. How I wished I could have gone onto India, but I was unable to walk. I had to sit by the Thai Air check in for Gaya and watch the pilgrims get on the flight.

It has been a hard few weeks and I am still in casts and crutches until the end of next month. I'm still pretty heart broken. A lesson learned in some major Dukkha :cry:
May all beings be well, happy, calm, and at ease.
Maitri

Postby appicchato » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 am

Hoping you get well soon Maitri...and that somewhere down the pike you're able to make your pilgrimage...take care... :console:
appicchato

Postby Maitri » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 am

Thank you, Bhante Appicchato. :anjali:

I am already planning on making the trip next year with my husband. He initially was not able to go due to work restraints, but it looks like he will be able to make it. In the meantime, we have to start saving our money again and healing up.
May all beings be well, happy, calm, and at ease.
Maitri

Postby Sambodhi in Oz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Dear Maitri,

Metta to you, well two silver linings
1. Time to make pilgrimage within which anyways is most important, natures way of telling you to meditate, practise Vipassana
2. Probably your husband will be able to accompany you next time.

Regards

Parth
Sambodhi in Oz

Previous

Return to Shrine Room