Law against Vitiating in Public!!

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Re: Law against Vitiating in Public!!

Postby cooran » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Annapurna wrote:I am indeed quite happy with the way of life I was born into and am sure it is a part of my kamma.

:smile:

But it's not about me anyways.

My point is that we let other people live out their traditions, in the absence of arrogance and develop more understanding for their way of life.

Mutual tolerance, if you will.

:anjali:

It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''. It is a politician sounding off - and we are aware from our own countries that not all make intelligent remarks.

''However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution."How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.
The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby octathlon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Sometimes it may be difficult to comply with the law, but fortunately there is a product to help.

octathlon

Postby Annapurna » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Calahand wrote:
Annapurna wrote:I am indeed quite happy with the way of life I was born into and am sure it is a part of my kamma.

My point is that we let other people live out their traditions, in the absence of arrogance and develop more understanding for their way of life.

Sometimes its not wise to tolerate stupidity.
anyway, there is no point in discussing this further.

much metta :namaste:

Would you like to wipe Islam off the face of this earth then becuase it is too stupid for you?

Yes?

?
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby Annapurna » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:09 pm

cooran wrote:

It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''. It is a politician sounding off - and we are aware from our own countries that not all make intelligent remarks.

''However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution."How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.
The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852

with metta
Chris

It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''.

Oh, I think it has everything to do with other cultures and traditions! As I explained in my previous posts!

Poor illiterate farmers in a developing land tend to fart without thinking much about it, much to the displeasure of educated politicians in a fine frock. They don't have the type of manners that is standard in the West or in fine circles.

That's just what they do, and I bet if we visited there, it would annoy us just as much as the Politician and we would sound off too.

We would get upset about how they fart around and foul the air and why they can't pass wind in a toilet.

Just as we comment upon stupid remarks here ...

But that's just my opinion and nobody has to share it.

Annapurna

Postby Goofaholix » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:29 am

I think I would like to sit my next meditation retreat in Malawi.
"Proper effort is not the effort to make something particular happen. It is the effort to be aware and awake each moment." - Ajahn Chah
"When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness. When we stop clinging, we can begin to be happy." - Ajahn Chah
"Know and watch your heart. It’s pure but emotions come to colour it." — Ajahn Chah
Goofaholix

Postby Annapurna » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am

:rofl:
Annapurna

Postby Calahand » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Annapurna wrote:
Would you like to wipe Islam off the face of this earth then becuase it is too stupid for you?

Yes?

?

lol , i guess i can't help but respond to this question.

Well- what do you mean by wiping islam off the face of this earth? do you mean harming muslims physically or emotionally? Then No, ofcourse not.

Do you mean wiping islam off the face of the earth like changing their thinking?--> change their thinking in such a way that they wouldn't perform honor killings or wouldn't put people to death for opposing islam?, do you make wiping islam= making islam more tolerant towards others? then yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDqZJjfVfrk look at this segment, the muslim people are not the problem! the problem is their extremist thinking... I hope you get my point.
Calahand

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Annapurna wrote:

Yes?

?

Yes.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Annapurna » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:36 pm

You have a problem.
Annapurna

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 am

This thread has gone as far as it is going to go.

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Previous

Return to Wellness, Diet & Fitness